Lavar is my favorite player on our team. But I think his luster is starting to dull. Here are some concerns or thoughts that come to mind.
1. Involvement last year while on the dl. I feel he should have been on the sidelines rooting on the team, and as one of our leaders, in the defensive meetings. This could also translate into a strong knowledge of our defensive schemes.
2. Salary for comparison
Lavars cotract will cost (approx) 39.5 million through 2009
Marcus Washington will cost (approx)22 million over the same period.
Not saying Marcus is better than Lavar, just cant say Lavar is this much better than Marcus.
3. The signings of 2 linebackers in the draft.
4. The play of the D when LA was hurt.
5. The ranting to the press about his lack of love from the team.
6. The phantom 6+ million signing bonus that he claims is due in 2006, raising his salary and bonus to (approx) 18.5 million for that year alone. And raising his total to 45 million plus through 2009 (this does not include11.4 million in salary in 2010)
Might Lavar be in the same boat as Ramsey? I feel he has to establish his worth this year also, with a cap hit of 12 million in 2006, a salary of 12 million in 2006, and a possible 6+ million bonus, a trade might be in the works, or a coles move prior to June 1, and the bonus, to take this cap hit next year and wipe the books clean.