1. Houston Texans (2-14) - Reggie Bush RB - Kubiak will use him in various ways.
2. New Orleans Saints (3-13) - Mario Williams DE - They're going after Super Mario, but DBrick sounds like a better choice for them. Don't rule out a trade to trade down and possibly take AJ Hawk.
3. Tennessee Titans (4-12) - Matt Leinart QB - Norm Chow (Leinart) vs Steve McNair (Young), McNair may not even be with the team next year.
4. New York Jets (4-12) - D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT - Easily slips into the starter at tackle.
5. Green Bay Packers (4-12) - A.J. Hawk OLB - Best player available.
6. San Francisco 49ers (4-12) - Jimmy Williams CB - Can you name a 49ers CB?
7. Oakland Raiders (4-12) - Vince Young QB - A project to sit behind Aaron Brooks.
8. Buffalo Bills (5-11) - Winston Justice OT - OL is a big need, they said they were not going to go after Ngata.
9. Detroit Lions (5-11) - Michael Huff S - Could see them taking a QB, but they already have 4 QBs fighting for the starting position.
10. Arizona Cardinals (5-11) - Jay Cutler QB - Warner won't last the year and they need someone to groom.
11. St. Louis Rams (6-10) - Vernon Davis TE - They should go after defense, but if he falls here they won't pass him up.
12. Cleveland Browns (6-10) - Haloti Ngata DT - Perfect fit for the 3-4 NT.
13. Baltimore Ravens (6-10) - Brodrick Bunkley DT - They could go various ways here.
14. Philadelphia Eagles (6-10) - Chad Greenway OLB - If Brodrick falls here they will take him.
15. Denver Broncos (f/ATL) (10-6) - Chad Jackson WR - Jumped ahead of Miami to pick him up.
16. Miami Dolphins (9-7) - Donte Whitner S - Will fill a need at safety, they could take Chad Jackson if he falls.
17. Minnesota Vikings (9-7) - Ernie Sims OLB - Could be targeting a QB to groom.
18. Dallas Cowboys (9-7) - Santonio Holmes WR - A Parcells type player.
19. San Diego Chargers (9-7) - Eric Winston OT - Here to save LDT.
20. Kansas City Chiefs (10-6) - Tamba Hali DE - Along with Jarred Allen, this will be great pair of DEs.
21. New England Patriots (10-6) - Deangelo Williams RB - I'll be surprised if he falls this far but the need for RB is down this year.
22. Denver Broncos (f/WAS) (10-6) - Manny Lawson DE - This pick will be a luxury for the Broncos, they will pass on Mathias due to his injury history.
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5) - Marcus McNeil OT - Need at tackle, could see them taking OLB or WR, maybe even in the later rounds.
24. Cincinnati Bengals (11-5) - Gabe Watson DT - Good 3-4 NT if Marvin decides to switch to the 3-4.
25. New York Giants (11-5) - Bobby Carpenter OLB - Big need at OLB and this draft is deep there.
26. Chicago Bears (11-5) - Leonard Pope TE - I bet Lovie would love to have tanked the season for Mario Williams, could see them taking a CB.
27. Carolina Panthers (11-5) - LenDale White RB - They need a TE and OLB, but they can't pass up LenDale after the injuries they keep suffering at RB.
28. Jacksonville Jaguars (12-4) - Marcedes Lewis TE - TE or OLB in the first round, OG in the second.
29. New York Jets (f/DEN/ATL) (4-12) - Tye Hill CB - If Bobby Carpenter falls here, they'll take him.
30. Indianapolis Colts (14-2) - Laurence Maroney RB - RB is the biggest need they have at the moment.
31. Seattle Seahawks (13-3) - Mathias Kiwanuka DE - Mathias's injuries pushed him down this far, and could even fall farther. Seattle could take a saftey such as Ko Simpson.
32. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5) - Sinorice Moss WR - May not play QB, but will replace the speed they'll lose from Randle El.
53. Washington Redskins (10-6) - Darryl Tapp DE - I'm pretty sure this pick will be for the defense, but what position? We have a need at OLB and no depth at CB. I'm not even sure if we're looking at any prospects. At this point I won't be surprised if we trade any or all of our picks. Nonetheless, I do not believe we're taking an OLB (at least this early) and I do not see any CBs that would be here that GW would be interested in. Darryl Tapp will eventually fill the shoes for Daniels.
This is my 7th mock draft, although this is only the 2nd mock I've posted here. I'm only doing the first round (plus the Redskins pick), just for the fun of it. I appreciate any comments or suggestions.