Really, the uniforms don't need a whole lof of work. A few basic modifications and they'd be good.
A few things I would do if Dan hired me for this:
1. Change to solid burgundy socks. No more striped socks. Except when wearing burgundy pants. Maybe introduce gold socks? Maybe keep solid burgundy?
2. Make the burgundy and white pants triple striped like the gold pants.
3. Remove the double stripe on the jersey sleeve. Just a solid gold one for burgundy jerseys, and a solid burgundy one for white jersyes.
4. Darken the colors. Use colors from 70th anniversary uniforms.
5. Make the white helmet stripes thinner like they were in the 80's.