Gah...I wanted Weeden. Oh well
Gah...I wanted Weeden. Oh well
OLB Coach for the 3x State Champs: 2001, 2002, 2008 Atlantic Shores Seahawks2012 Final Record: 2-9
And nice pick go!
Great draft guys.. man that was fun...
im gonna work on a grade for everyone's draft later on today... if anyone else wants to I think it would be cool to see what people think...
Thoughts on the PS situation:
1. Compensation needs to have some proper math behind it. When constructing it initially, we arbitrarily chose compensation based on PPG and arbitrarily chose the PPG at which compensation increased. I'm not sure I agree with compensation being commensurate with the initial draft pick used on the player, because the reason players are claimed is because another owner values the CURRENT production.
2. The ability to re-claim the player (at the end of the year) is weird. I'm not sure I agree with it or what the general consensus among you guys is, but I think if you're going to claim a player, he should be yours, and there should be no ability by the original owner to re-claim the player.
3. I'm not sure how I feel about clearing waivers in order for a player to go from active roster to practice squad. On one hand, that's how the NFL handles it, but on the other hand would the process to track this be cumbersome? Maybe we should just become more stringent with who can actually go to PS. For instance, instead of first and second year players, maybe we could limit it only to rookies. This would have a couple effects that might be good for the league.
- One, it would force owners to really choose who they want on their roster at the end of the year. This means that the free agency pool would increase in quality, which would make being active on the waiver wire important. I think this would increase general participation during the week.
- It would limit stashing players and make the spots less like an extension of the active roster.
4. Part of the reason that we started the PS at the beginning was the hope that it would provide a little more FUN to the league. AKA, it would be nice to steal players away from other owners. We need to somehow provide an incentive to start making more claims. We can do this in several ways: decrease the number of practice squad spots (this would also increase the quality of the free agent pool), decrease the number of active roster spots (so that higher quality players make their way onto practice squads), or lower the expected compensation to the original owner. I think the middle option would be effective, but also very controversial.
Just some thoughts. They may be a little loopy because I'm running on fumes at the moment.
R.I.P. Slingin' Sammy
Twenty-Eight is the Dalai Lama of fantasy football. We can only hope to attain his enlightenment and achieve the honor of being called ExtremeSkins Dynasty League Champion.
Excellent draft gentlemen. These rookie drafts are great reminder of how knowledgeable everyone in our league is. We all have a good feel for a players value. If you're deciding between 2 guys at your pick; there is a good chance the guy you didn't select will be chosen in the next couple picks.
yall stay tuned... im gonna need some help deciding on a pick in another league shortly....
main reason I will want opinions is because it is a 32 team heavy IDP league and I am picking 18th..... I will want to hear if I should go with an IDP or some of the mid 2nd round talent that is available.... in this league you can win with one solid player at each position....
so when do we open FA up?? Still a few guys out there worth bidding on IMO
That's something we need to discuss...i think we need to have a set date from here on out for our rookie draft and the opening of FA. If we always want to make our draft at the conclusion of the real draft, that's fine, we just need something set. And the same thing for FA...if we wanna open FA up say June 1st for example, we need to set that as the date and stick to it.
What does everyone else think?
If we're going to have our rookie draft so early (which I LOVE), we should probably wait until well into training camp to bid on FA's, right?
If no one agrees, I'm cool with June 1st though.
June 1st works for me. Same with rookie draft being right after the actual draft.
And Go O's!
June first is cool with me. I'm all for standardization, too.
Though I won't be around June 1, I'll be running a half marathon, I'm fine with that date as well, I'm assuming that bidding process will still be in place. If not, it doesn't really matter, my team is stacked enough to power itself, from the bottom (that was for you CCFF) of the standings without additional help.