I'm in a public speaking class for the summer semester. The last big speech we're giving is a group project, 20 minutes long. We had to pick an issue of local importance. I wanted to do traffic and transportation but my school is out in Fauquier so I guess they don't really feel the issue as much as those of us in the heart of NOVA and the DC area. I was outvoted and instead we're doing our speech on food in public schools.
One of the group's members put together a survey for kids who went to public school last year. I don't really know anyone that young so I'd figure I'd put it up on here. I realize that this thread may get A response, possibly two, but whatever. Any little bit helps.
1. Which school foods would you like served more often?
2. Which foods would you like served less?
3. What is your general satisfaction with the food at school? (i.e. How do you feel afterward, how long you stay full, the taste, etc)
4. Typically how frequently do you buy some part of your lunch (other than drinks) from the school cafeteria?
[ ] 1 day a week
[ ] 2 days a week
[ ] 3 days a week
[ ] 4 days a week
[ ] 5 days a week
Ok the following are some scale questions in the format of: -Strongly disagree, -Disagree, -Neutral, -Agree, -Strongly agree
1. The food is well prepared
2. The food has an appetizing appearance
3. The portions are too big
4. The Price is fair for what you get
5. I can't afford to eat more often than I do
6. The cafeteria offers a good variety of meals
7. The food is too healthy
8. The food is too fatty
9. The food is too salty
10. The food is too starchy
11. I can't tell what I'm eating
12. The food quality is consistent
13. The food is served at the right temperature
14. Generally I am satisfied with school lunches
15. The portions are too small
Ok that's it. Again I'm not expecting much but anything would help. Thank you so much ahead of time to anyone who takes part in the survey.
Sorry for taking up bandwidth mods.