thanks to Drew-fl for a starting point.These rules are not final but rather a begining so discussion and ideas are encouraged. i need to do some editing but you guys should get the general idea.
QB DROPBACKS: You may drop back AT MOST 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. You may roll left/right as much as you want, but never go farther than 10 yards back. This inclueds PA, shotgun, and screen passes. If video is provided that your QB breaks this rule a little bit several times, or severely once, your qb will be suspended at least one game.
Also, video proof is required for all accusations of wrongdoing. Either upload the highlight straight from the xbox360, or record it post game with a camera, or record your entire game. Take some accountability and make it much easier for me to do something about it. ************************************************** ********
1. ETIQUETTE Show some sportsmanship. If you receive an ass-beating and your opponent played a great game by the rules, don't quit. Stick it out like a man. Or just punk out b/c you will never be a champion in life with that attitude. See league name for more info...
2. OFFENSIVE GAMEPLAY -Mix up run/pass unless game dictates you either run the clock or play catch up. -Mix up the route combinations of WR's/TE's -RB dump offs should not be the primary route of most pass plays. They should be a safety valve. -If you want to call a lot of screens, vary the formation -Don't quick snap every play. Allow both off/def to settle for at least a couple secs (unless playclock low)
And my favorite rule: If a team can't stop the run or pass, you may exploit them with a heavy dose of either one by using a number of different plays. Do not make it a habit of complaining about a person’s gameplay without first asking yourself, “why am I mad?” If the answer is because you could not stop their offense or they caught you off guard, then hit the practice field and move on.
3. HURRY-UP OFFENSE: - Don't abuse it. Use it once in awhile, but never for entire drives unless in a 2 minute or catch-up situation.
4. GOAL LINE FORMATION: - The goal line formation may be used at anytime if the offense is within 10 yards or less of either end zone. It may also be used in situations involving one yard or less to attain a first down.
5. 4TH DOWN RULE: Anytime during the game, 4th and 5 or less at the 50 or closer OR 4th and inches from anywhere on the field you are allowed to go for it. The only exception to this rule is in the 4th quarter when you are DOWN you can attempt the 4th down conversion at your discretion. DOWN, NOT TIED.
6. RUNNING UP THE SCORE: Running up the score is not allowed in this league. If you are ahead in the 4th quarter by 21 points or more you should be running the ball. With 2 minutes left: you must either run the ball or QB kneel. Any unnecessary scoring or stat padding will not be tolerated. Use your best judgment. Show sportsmanship by respecting your opponent.
7. DEFENSIVE GAMEPLAY
-Mix up man/zone, press/soft, blitz/coverage -Run your scheme, but find different ways to present it -No manual movement of D-linemen is allowed -You may use strategy pad to shift the whole line -You may hot route a specific lineman into coverage, contain, spy, etc... -No pulling D-linemen off the line to play FS against pass routes is allowed.
8. PLAYER MOVE one (1) defensive player can be manually positioned before the snap -Use the strategy pad as much as you want to shift or hot route, etc... -Do NOT move that player in front of DT's, or in any other fashion with the intent on confusing the AI of the offensive line. Glitching the AI is not the same as applying pressure. -On punt return, you can move a player manually within 5 yds of LOS to defend against a fake punt, but you may not pull them all the way back to block for a punt return.
9. DISCONNECTED GAMES - If your game DC's, these are the steps you should follow: 1. If the score was tied, you may start from the beginning and play again 2. The person who was leading at the time of the DC has the option to: - have the points spotted and time ran off to get to that exact point in the game - start the game completely over - spot points but not time. just spot the points and play from there.
- Immediately after a DC, you should be COMMUNICATING to find out what's going to happen. DO NOT come on es and makes posts like "OMG the Gam3 DC oh screw LIGHTNING BOLT!!!11"
*** If you were leading and your opponent refuses to spot your points, DO NOT finish the game. Just quit and let commish know so persuasive action can be taken. If you play it out and take a loss there is absolutely nothing commish can do so don't cry.
---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 02:02 AM ----------
i also need to add that signing up for league manager is a requirement not a option.