As far as I can tell the show is being written like this....
Come up with cool scenarios that can all be shot on a farm in a cheap place to rent....
- ZOMBIE IN WELL! (have them lower a guy into the well for no reason!)
- SEX SCENES! (Farmers daughter! We'd be crazy not to set that up! *high five*)
- LOST CHILDREN! (kids get lost in the woods all the time bro)
- KID GETTING SHOT! (have him stand near a dear, hunting accidents are totally believable)
- ZOMBIE BARN! (no one will notice that they don't bang on the doors like all the other zombies in the history of time do if they so much as hear a noise on the other side of it)
Don't get me wrong zombies are still entertaining and the fact that it's not a cop, lawyer, cop & lawyer, doctor, or cop & doctor show will keep me watching it. I'm just hoping if the budget ever goes back up they get the old writers back. I have a feeling these guys think Resident Evil: Extinction was a good and I'm actually more worried about what they'd do with a larger special effects budget.
I still got World War Z to look forward too. ... and maybe one day Left 4 Dead! (come on Pixar, they don't all have to be for kids!)