2012 NFL Announcer Rankings
With the passing of each NFL season, the tradition started by Sports Illustrated‘s Dr. Z was to take a look back and break down pro football’s best and worst announcing teams.
We at Audibles, with the utmost respect for Dr. Z’s work, took up the torch for that task last year. And what follows below is this blog’s second crack at trying to sort through hundreds of hours of game broadcasts to figure out which play-by-play announcers and color commentators turned out the finest product over the past year.
This version ranks the top 10 teams that called games on either CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN or the NFL Network.
Feel free let us know about any disagreements you may have (and we know you’ll have them), either in the comments or on Twitter.
10. Marv Albert and Rich Gannon, CBS
9. Kevin Harlan and Solomon Wilcots, CBS
8. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, CBS
7. Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf, CBS
6. Kenny Albert and Daryl Johnston, FOX
5. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, FOX
4. Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden, ESPN
3. Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts, CBS
2. Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock, NFL Network
1. Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth, NBC
Click on the link for the full article