I know that there is a large contingent of DC, Virginia and Maryland residents on these boards. I have family living in Maryland and Reston, Virginia. My wife and I have talked about moving and we are currently looking at So Cal and over in your area. I am familiar with So Cal as I go there every year but I haven't been out east since I was 15. I really loved the area and the job market looks decent there but I really don't know.
My questions for you all are as follows...
1. How is the tech job market over there? I am a networking guy with no real programming experience. I am OK with security but that is not my primary area of knowledge.
2. How is the cost of living?
3. Where is the best area to live with a family? We have a 3 year old daughter and my wife and I are under 30.
4. If you had it to do over again, would you still live where you do.
5. Any other questions or comments are welcome. Even if you want to call me a stupid ***** for even thinking about it.
Thanks in advance.